By Gary P Jackson
Jedediah Bila takes on the chattering class in a big way. She challenges them to talk about Sarah Palin's actually record, instead of the ridiculous nonsense they are talking about now. It should be noted that she's talking to the Republican Establishment™.
While some pundits are busy calling Sarah Palin thin-skinned, claiming that there is "no space for her" in the 2012 race and incessantly speculating about her potential announcement date, some of us are sitting by laughing, sufficiently amused by typical establishment tactics that have grown tired, old and frankly a little boring.
In a previous column, Jedediah talks about attending a Manhattan cocktail party, filled with hard core lefties. They are quite worried and know that Sarah can win it all, and they understand why.
I'm amazed that it's been "
Jedediah goes on to list what we really need to be discussing. Here are just a few of them:
As governor in 2007, Palin was responsible for the largest veto totals in state history, while investing $1 billion in forward-funding education and fulfilling public safety and infrastructure necessities.
1. Palin invested $5 billion in state savings during a time of economic surplus.
2. Palin reduced spending by 9.5% from 2007 to 2010 and slashed earmark requests by over 80% during her time as governor.
3. Under Palin, Alaska’s total liabilities were reduced by 34.6% overall.
4. As governor, Palin was the CEO of the state and had substantial authority. As reported by The Wall Street Journal, "In Alaska, the Governor has line-item veto power over the budget and can only be overridden by a three-quarters majority of the Legislature."
Jedediah has much more, read it all here.
We all know why the Establishment™ [in both parties] don't want to talk about Governor Sarah Palin's record. Not even Mayor Sarah Palin's record. Both independently and separately, either record shows more ability and success than Barack Obama or any of the current Republican candidates could ever muster.
If we talk about Sarah Palin's actual 20 year record, instead of all of the media created nonsense, it's all over for Obama, the other GOP candidates, and more importantly, the Republican Establishment™. And just like those ladies in Manhattan, they know it too.
**Here is what Sarah Palin's résumé looks like:
* Sports Reporter/Anchor, KTVA-TV Anchorage/KTUU-TV Anchorage/Mat-Su Valley Frontiersman (1987 – 1992)
* Co-owner, Commercial Fishing Operation (1988 – present)
* City Council Member, City of Wasilla (1992 – 1996)
* Co-owner, Snow Machine, Watercraft, & All-Terrain Vehicle Business (1994 – 1997)
* Mayor/City Manager, City of Wasilla (1996 – 2002)
* Board Member, Alaska Municipal League (199x – 1999)
* President, Alaska Conference of Mayors (1999 – 2002)
* Chairperson, Alaska Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (2003 – 2004)
* Director, Excellence in Public Service, Inc. (2003 – 2005)
* Board Member, Valley Hospital Association (2005 – 2006)
* Governor, State of Alaska (2006 – 2009)
* Chairperson, Interstate Oil & Gas Compact Commission (2008 – 2009)
* Chairperson, National Governors Association Natural Resources Committee (2008 – 2009)
* Vice Presidential Nominee, Republican Party (2008)
* Founder, SarahPAC (2009 – present)
* Speaker, Washington Speakers Bureau (2009 – present)
* Author, Going Rogue: An American Life (2009)
* Contributor, Fox News Channel (2010 – present)
* Author, America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag (2010)
* Host/Executive Producer, Sarah Palin’s Alaska (2010)
* Board Member, Salvation Army
* Member, Alaska Miners Association
* Member, Alaska Outdoor Council
* Member, American Management Association
* Member, Chambers of Commerce (Various)
* Member, Iditarod Parent-Teacher Association
* Member, National Rifle Association
* Member, Resource Development Council of Alaska
* Member, Youth Court Steering Committee
* Coach/Hockey Team Manager, Valley Youth Sports
This doesn't include all of the work she did in 2010, helping take back the House, and add numbers to the Senate, or the work she did in local and state elections. Nor does it count the many ways she has changed the national debate since 2008. It does however show someone who has a wealth of experience both in politics and the real world. Please note that as Mayor, Palin was term limited, and the terms were three years long.
** H/T Pennsylvanians for Palin