Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jeb Bush: I love My Mama, But Sarah Palin Is Pretty Awesome Too


As everyone knows, in a recent interview with CNN's Larry King Barbara Bush was asked about Sarah Palin and made a really catty comment:

Well, I sat next to her once, thought she was beautiful, and I think she's very happy in Alaska .... And I hope she'll stay there.

This, of course, was met with outrage in Conservative circles and seen as yet one more Republican elite wanting to put Sarah Palin down in hopes stopping her from being the party's nominee in 2012 and taking office as President in 2013.

These elites know that a Palin in the White House will mean business as usual is over, and the people, not the Ruling Class will be calling the shots. It'll be a career-ender for most of these hacks.

It's telling that the strategy of the Republican establishment is to try and tear down Sarah Palin, rather than put up whoever their chosen one is and have a real debate on issues. Could it be they already know they will lose that contest?

Reminds me of the crap these elites and those like them pulled on Ronald Reagan in his day. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

It's also interesting that while Sarah Palin is challenging Barack Obama on a daily basis, on many substantiate issues, the establishment is attacking Palin [rather than Obama] and the GOP show ponies, their prospective candidates, are all hiding under their desks. I guess they are more afraid of making a mistake than making a difference.

Of course, during an interview with Laura Ingraham, the subject of Barbara Bush came up, and Sarah had this to say:

I don't want to sort of concede that we have to get used to this kind of thing because I think the majority of Americans don't want to put up with the blue bloods …. and I say it with all due respect because I love the Bushes …. but the blue bloods want to pick and choose their winners instead of allowing competition to pick and choose the winners.

Of course the elites, the blue bloods, took exception to Sarah actually standing up to them and went into total meltdown mode and then started ratcheting up the attacks! Perfect!

Anyhow, Newsmax magazine had an interview with Jeb Bush and the subject of his outspoken mother came up. This is where Jeb shows he has some class:

If it’s between my mom and Gov. Palin, I’ve got to go with my mom, just in general, because she’s my mother. So you’re not going to get me in trouble with disagreeing with my beloved mother of 85 years, who occasionally from time to time says things that give us all great joy, and sometimes some consternation.

One would expect a boy to side with his mother, even one with a history of colorful statements. We did get a kick of how he phrased his support though.

Bush, while saying he'll always side with mom, also commented on Sarah's political chops:

She has an incredible skill to connect with people. She has fantastic political instincts, I think.

You can read more here.

You may also remember a few weeks back Jeb told CNN's John Roberts that he would happily endorse Sarah Palin for President, even adding a “you bet'cha”!

No comments:

Post a Comment