Thursday, January 27, 2011

Michael Williams: I'm In!





Got a great email from Michael Williams today {as did all of his supporters] :

I'm In!

Dear Friends,

Today I officially announced my candidacy for the United States Senate in 2012. Let me tell you a little about how I reached this decision.

All too often, good people run for elected office for the wrong reasons. In each of my successful statewide races in Texas, I have sought that office with a specific purpose that involves serving our people rather than pursuing power.

First and most importantly, what guides me is a desire to serve God and my family. But I also feel called to serve the people of Texas, and my purpose in seeking this seat is to bring a prosperity agenda to Washington that empowers individuals instead of government.

I will go to Washington, D.C. to fight the establishment that expands government at the expense of our liberty. I will advocate for free markets unfettered by excessive federal regulation. I will champion life, and stand for the rule of law in enforcing our borders.

President Obama and the Democrats in the Senate are blocking true conservative reform including the repeal of ObamaCare, immigration reform, spending cuts, tax reform and the will of the electorate. If you send me to Washington, I will fight to restore our freedoms, and unleash future generations from a burden of debt.

But I need your help. Your contribution can help fuel a resounding victory in 2012.

Can you chip in $20 or more to help us start off strong?

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, and support.

God bless,

Michael

This is what we have been waiting for since Kay Bailey Hutchison announced she was retiring. Michael Williams is the right man for Texas and the Right man to represent Texas in Washington. A solid, Common Sense Conservative. Someone to help turn things around!

Now that it's official, send Michael a $20 to help him kick things off. Stop by his website WilliamsforTexas to donate.

Also follow Michael on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment